SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
Many, many thanks to Lynn from Up Before Dawn for this nomination! It is such an honor and I truly appreciate her support through this blogging experience.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who show creativity, positivity and inspiration. Once you have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, you are required to:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
Below are my responses to the Up Before Dawn 11 questions as well as 11 questions for 11 of my fellow bloggers! Looking forward to seeing how others respond and to connecting with more bloggers!
- What is your go-to family dinner?
This is a great question….We often do items in the crock-pot but one of my most favorite meals is pork-chops done on the grill!
- What is your favorite season and why?
FALL! I love in the beginning when it is still warm and summary. Then you wake up to the crisp fall morning’s with brightly colored leaves. Then at the end there is snow. What other season offers this much awesome?!
- Why did you become a blogger?
I enjoy having the opportunity to share with people and this was the best platform to be able to share!
- What has been your biggest blogging challenge?
Hmmm….I have so many ideas that sometimes trying to narrow down the topic, so people do not feel so overwhelmed by all of the information I want to share!
- What is your favorite family tradition?
Watching the Detroit Lions play football on Thanksgiving Day. Growing up in Michigan, Thanksgiving has always been my most favorite holiday—all the positive of Christmas without all of the pressure of gifts and having the opportunity to spend time with family and friends. This year our family is actually going to get to go see the Detroit Lions play!
- Who is the person you look up to the most and why?
Hmmm….It is actually two people—my parents. They have been married for over 40 years, they are still very active, and they still love each other.
- Why is your best friend your best friend?
Because although we may have not seen each other or talked to each other in days/weeks/months/years—we can pick things up like nothing has changed and just keep talking. We also give each other honest feedback and support.
- What is your favorite book and why?
I love all of the Harry Potter Books—Yes, I was a little older as I read them but when I first read them I was in New Zealand completing my student teaching and was reading them before they became popular in the United States. I think they were really well written and actually kept kids (and adults) interested in reading.
- What do you do to wind down at the end of the day?
HYGGE! Yes, I use Healthy and Hygge items to unwind—like going for a run, having a glass of wine, and watching The Voice!
- What is your hidden talent?
I can sing through my ears! You will have to ask me in person to see this feet!
- What do you do to brighten other people’s day?
In the social media world, I love sending a quick note to people on Twitter to just say have a great day!
- What does self-care look like to you?
- What is one interesting thing about you people do not know?
- What is the best vacation you have ever been on and why?
- What did you want to be as child?
- Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names? If not, what type of pet would you like to have?
- What is your favorite morning beverage?
- What motivates you?
- Who inspires you?
- Where would you like to visit and why?
- If you could interview anyone for your blog, who would it be and why?
- Why did you decide to become a blogger?