Groups and Speaking Events
Sara has been living with type 1 diabetes for over 35 years. Her first fortune cookie stated, “Life is a bold and daring adventure”. That has been her life motto and diabetes management motto for over 30 years! She is just 1 of 11 people in the world dually certified as a Master Certified Health Education Specialist and Certified Diabetes Educator giving her extensive training in the areas of holistic medicine, coping, and adjusting to chronic illness with mindful based practices. She also has extensive training in the area of eating disorders/disorder eating, specifically related to diabetes.
Speaking Topics include:
- How to Succeed in Day to Day Life with Diabetes Occupationally, Socially, Spiritually, Intellectually, Physically, Emotionally, Environmentally, and Financially
- Take charge of your choices & change your relationship with diabetes for the better.
- Be Body Positive! It is important to remember that Every Body is different. We all have different genetics. Even if everyone started eating the same things and did the same amount of exercise for a whole year, we would not all look the same at the end of the year. This is because each person’s genetics influence their bone structure, body size, shape, and weight differently. Learn to love your body!
- Use Hygge to Reduce Your Risk of Developing Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes: Seeing the Whole Person (based on her published article of the same name)
Request an appointment
Learn more about how Healthy and Hygge® can help!