If I have a song I like I will repeatedly listen to it and inevitably learn all of the words! Thus, for years, I have said if the world were in song I would be one of the smartest people! As I sit here typing away on this overcast morning, as the rain starts, several songs and playlists start popping into my head.
I mentioned in my last post that I was having a neighborhood Bloody Mary gathering on my front porch…. Of course I created a playlist! As I prepped I had Barney Stinson’s advice rolling around in the back of my head “People often think a good mix should rise and fall, but people are wrong. It should always rise”. As I created the playlist I felt like that advice applied more to my running playlist. Then I thought how does that playlist advice apply if I wanted to have a more relaxing Hygge type feel, like at my Healthy and Hygge: Wine and Wellness event held last Sunday?
Let’s have some fun as we make our way to the final days of summer. Below are the first five songs on each of those various playlists: Healthy and Hygge Wine and Wellness, Neighborhood Bloody Mary Gathering, and Running. Take a read, take a listen, and give your song suggestions for each playlist!
Healthy and Hygge: Wine and Wellness
1. Wake Me Up by Avicii
2. Having a Party by Billy Ocean
3. Clocks by Coldplay
4. Theme from New York, New York by Frank Sinatra
5. You and Tequila by Kenny Chesney
Neighborhood Blood Mary Gathering
1. Smile by Uncle Kracker
2. End of the Line by the Traveling Wilburys
3. Hey, Soul Sister by Train
4. Hollywood Swinging by Kool and The Gang
5. All Summer Long by Kid Rock
1. It’s A Long Way to the Top by AC/DC
2. Callin’ Baton Rouge by Garth Brooks
3. Can’t Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake
4. Stronger by Kelly Clarkston
5. Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson